- The MAP program is available to academically talented sophomores and juniors (by credit status).
- Students are only eligible for one summer, one fall, and one spring MAP during their academic career at UMN Morris.
- A Morris Academic Partner is expected to have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 at the time of selection.
- A Morris Academic Partner is required to carry a minimum of 12 credits during the semester(s) in which the MAP is awarded.
- Stipends are paid out directly to the student’s financial aid account at the beginning of each term.
- Stipends are non-renewable.
- A MAP stipend takes the place of any other work-study assignment. No other on-campus work may be carried out for the duration of the partnership (e.g., student work study; CA, HR, or TA positions;or other stipends).
- A Morris Academic Partner is not on an hourly payroll. As a guideline, MAP projects should average 8–10 hours of student involvement per week.
- A MAP is not available for credit.
The University of Minnesota Morris offers the Morris Academic Partnership (MAP) program, in which faculty select academically talented, qualified second-year and third-year students to assist them in scholarly and creative projects. Selected MAP students undertake assignments intended to enhance their intellectual competence and increase their interest in graduate or professional study.
- A faculty member completes the MAP Application Form
- The Dean’s Office notifies the applicant and the student of the decision via campus email.
Principal Office & Administrative Specialist
Summer Session Support Assistant
Online Learning and PSEO Program Support