- Why Music at Morris?
- Research Opportunities & Collaborations
- Career & Graduate School Opportunities
- Music Scholarships
- Musical Minnesota
Current Music Student and Faculty Resources
- Music Major & Teaching Licensure
- Tips for Success
- Individual Performance Studies
- Piano At Morris
- Performance Assessment
- Secondary Performance Area
- Mixed Student Recitals
- Honors Recital
- Senior/Half Recitals
- Practice Rooms
- Recital Hall
- Music Major Requirements
- Rehearsal Rooms & Classrooms
- Music Minor Requirements
- Music Resources
University of Minnesota Morris
600 E Fourth Street
Morris, MN 56267
A degree in music from the University of Minnesota Morris provides students with a broad understanding of the art of music, both historically and globally. If you are looking for an environment where you will have ample opportunity to grow and flourish as a musician and a scholar, the music discipline at Morris is the right place for you!
- Morris combines music coursework with an exceptional liberal arts curriculum, providing a diverse knowledge base that can serve as a foundation in a variety of careers, both inside and outside of music.
- The members of the music faculty have established reputations and are ready to work with students, not only in the small classes that are a part of the core music studies, but also through mentorships and projects that the student wishes to pursue.
- Students have the opportunity to actively shape their education through a variety of performance venues, leadership roles, and the possibility to develop their own scholarly projects.
- Students at Morris have the option to earn a teaching license through our reputable elementary and secondary education programs; a high percentage of music majors achieve placement in elementary and secondary music education positions.
Graduate in Four Years