No matter where you live, you can take classes on campus or online as a PSEO student at UMN Morris. You’ll have access to most first-year courses and can earn both high school and college credits simultaneously. You’ll have a head start on college credits and your higher education journey.
Under Minnesota law, the PSEO program allows high school students (whether currently in public, nonpublic, or home schools) to take courses at eligible postsecondary institutions. Tuition, fees, and required textbooks for fall and spring semesters are covered by the State of Minnesota.
Apply for PSEO
To take classes at UMN Morris as a PSEO student, you must apply for PSEO admission to UMN Morris.
- Complete and submit this application form.
- Submit an official high school transcript that includes your GPA and class rank (if applicable). Official transcripts must be mailed or faxed directly from your high school or, if included with your application, must be in a sealed envelope from your high school.
- We strongly recommend submitting the High School Balance Sheet, which lists your remaining high school graduation requirements. It will help if you’re interested in taking more than one PSEO course, or if you’re not sure which courses to take. It will also help guide your PSEO course registration during the summer when your high school counselor may not be available. A new balance sheet must be submitted if you switch high schools.
- Submit the UMN Morris PSEO Agreement, which outlines UMN Morris PSEO student responsibilities.
- It must be signed by you as the PSEO student, your parent/guardian, and your high school counselor.
- A new agreement must be submitted if you switch high schools.
- Submit other college coursework transcripts (if applicable).
- Submit official or unofficial transcripts if you took college credits outside your high school through a college or university (e.g., PSEO).
- If using Parchment or another transcript service, send your transcript to email@example.com.
- Transcripts are required even if grades are in progress and no grades have been submitted.
- Transcripts are not required for courses from any University of Minnesota campus (Crookston, Duluth, Morris, Rochester, Twin Cities).
- Send any additional information that you feel would help us get to know you better (optional). We encourage written statements for any extenuating circumstances we should take into account when reviewing your application. Examples include:
- College entrance exam scores (ACT/SAT) and AP or IB test scores
- Written statements
- Letters of recommendation
- Once you receive an acceptance letter, save your place. So that we don’t give your spot away, return the confirmation card included in your admission packet (no confirmation fee required). Once we receive your confirmation, you will be able to schedule a registration session to complete the necessary steps to be a UMN Morris PSEO student.
Note: If you are accepted into the UMN Morris PSEO program, it doesn't mean you are automatically admitted to the University of Minnesota as an undergraduate degree-seeking student. You'll need to apply for admission as a first-year student if you decide to attend any University of Minnesota campus (Crookston, Duluth, Morris, Rochester, Twin Cities) after high school graduation.