Why do international students choose the University of Minnesota Morris?
To get an unbiased opinion and see how UMN Morris compares to other colleges and universities, take a look at some of our recent national rankings.
Academic Programs/Majors & Minors
UMN Morris students choose from 34 majors and 35 minors, 13 licensure areas, and nine pre-professional programs.
Tuition & Costs
As part of the University of Minnesota system, we have worldwide name recognition, with small class sizes and one-on-one attention from faculty.
National Merit Scholarship
The National Merit Scholarship Program selects students for this prestigious award. Our Office of Admissions can help you learn more.
Feeling nervous about starting classes in the fall? You may be interested in a credit-bearing summer ESL transition program that can help improve your English, introduce you to a liberal arts education, and connect you with resources, faculty, staff, and other students on campus.
94% of students report they feel more confident in their ability to be successful in fall semester because of this program.
International Student Employment
International students can work in any campus office that has institutional funding for student employment.
The University of Minnesota Morris offers opportunities to do research or be a teacher’s assistant alongside faculty, which are typically only offered to graduate students!
The University of Minnesota Morris is a small, safe campus, and we know our students well.
Students who live on campus feel safe, rating Morris in the top 10% of schools nationally for their sense of safety and security.
Campus police are on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week, all year long!
Resources through International Student Program (ISP)
- Expert advising on F-1 visa regulations, academics and personal needs
- An optional summer ESL transition program called STELLAR
- A comprehensive international student orientation
- New students will be assigned a mentor for the year
- Adopt a Student Program: a program that matches international students to faculty and staff who want to host them for holidays and during breaks
- Programs that facilitate cultural exchange and foster meaningful relationships with international and American students. Learn more about events and programs
- ISP Bus Rides to the Twin Cities
- Transportation to the social security office when needed