New Student Welcome Week is held for all new incoming UMN Morris students before the start of fall semester. This is your chance to get better acquainted with campus and find out all of the information you need to know before classes start. If you’ll be living on campus, this is also when you will move in at your scheduled move-in time.
Sign up for your move in time.
Spanning four days, Welcome Week is full of activity and fun you won’t want to miss out on. The first day of Welcome Week includes moving into your residence hall, with a welcome picnic and kick-off event held later in the day.
Throughout Welcome Week, you will be able to
- make connections with a group of new students and an experienced student leader;
- meet people; connect with other new students and returning students, faculty, and staff;
- meet with your academic adviser and learn about academic resources;
- move into your residence hall, meet your neighbors, and get to know your community adviser;
- learn about campus life, opportunities, and cultural perspectives that make UMN Morris unique;
- sign up for student organizations and get involved;
- explore the campus and Morris community; and
- take care of things like buying books, finding classrooms before classes start, registering your bike or vehicle, and connecting with other campus resources.
If you have not yet registered for classes, contact the Student Success Center at 320-589-6178 to make arrangements.
For more information on New Student Welcome Week, please contact the Morris Office of Student Activities at 320-589-6080.