Clyde Johnson Music Scholarships honor Clyde Johnson, professor emeritus of music, who served UMN Morris from 1961 until 1999. Scholarships are awarded to selected University of Minnesota Morris students who are involved in music and completely cover the fees for one year of weekly individual music lessons in the student's chosen performance area. This scholarship is renewable for up to four years.
To be considered for the Clyde Johnson Scholarship, students should prepare a performance of a solo piece.
Guidelines for the solo piece submission
- Your high school music teacher or private music instructor can help you create your video.
- A cell phone video recording is acceptable.
- Literature that requires a collaborative pianist should be performed with one.
- If you would like to use a UMN Morris collaborative pianist, please let us know no later than two weeks before your audition and submit a clean .pdf copy of your music at that time.
- If you are applying in multiple performance areas, you must submit a separate video in each area.
- You may choose to audition in-person on one of the designated audition dates or submit a video recording of a prepared piece as well as the other required application materials by sending your video to Jordyn Meyer.
Distributed in 2 equal parts over the two semesters of the following year as part of the recipient’s financial aid package.
How to Apply
If you have questions or would like more information, reach out to Jordyn Meyer.
Sign up for an audition date
Student Academic Level
First Year Student
How do I get it?
Type of Aid