Housing Accommodations

Choosing where to live is an important decision. Residential Life staff are committed to assisting students in finding the best housing option for you.

American Indian students

Smudging and other traditional practices are supported in Residential Life.

More information about smudging

International students and students from out-of-state

Residence halls are open during semester breaks. Limited summer storage is available for international students who will be returning to Residential Life the following fall.


All of our residence halls and apartments have men and women living within the same building. Many of our floor communities are also coed. If you need a single gender community assignment due to religious, cultural or other reasons, please contact our office.

Students with disabilities

Students with disabilities who require housing accommodations due to a disability or medical condition register and request accommodations through UMN Morris's Disability Resource Center. Residential Life staff will work with the Disability Resource Center to meet the housing requirements of registered students. Please contact the Disability Resource Center to register, 320-589-6178.

Gender inclusive housing

The Office of Residential Life offers gender inclusive housing, where interested students are permitted to share a selected campus apartment or room space regardless of sex, gender, gender identity, or gender expression. Other campuses offer these flexible housing options for students that take into consideration varying identities and preferences, and ensure a safe and comfortable environment for all students.

More about gender inclusive housing

Student Conduct Code