Student Affairs programs and services develop student potential; foster student learning, persistence and success; create a diverse inclusive community; and extend the UMN Morris liberal arts mission beyond the classroom.
Student Affairs Goals
University of Minnesota, Morris Student Affairs works to:
- Support students' health, well-being, academic and personal success.
- Create and implement programs that foster student engagement, learning and development.
- Initiate and advance campus and community partnerships for effective, seamless student services and experiences.
- Build community and foster an inclusive, respectful living and learning environement.
- Create a healthy campus environment.
- Support the recruitment and retention of a diverse and talented student body.
- Advance UMM's mission and vision.
Through full participation residential student life experience, Morris students will:
- Explore facets of their personal identities and recognize their value to their community.
- Accept personal responsibility and act on it through the responsible exercise of individual expression.
- Develop critical thinking, problem solving, and adaptive skills to address change and conflict.
- Develop a multicultural perspective for a full life in a global community, understanding our interdependence, the intersections of multiple identities, and each person's role in a creating a just society.
- Gain leadership skills and abilities, and build the desire and confidence to take on leadership roles in society.
- Gain self-understanding and seek mental, physical, spiritual and emotional balance and health.
- Find and create opportunities for fulfillment and joy.