- The MSAF is available to all students in good academic standing.
- An MSAF student must have a cumulative GPA of 2.25.
- An MSAF student must carry a minimum of 12 credits per semester.
- Service as an MSAF student will not disqualify a student from having a MAP, but they may not be held concurrently.
- The MSAF fellowship is not available for academic credit.
The University of Minnesota Morris offers the Morris Student Administrative Fellows program, in which academic and administrative staff select students to serve as administrative fellows in offices and programs on campus. MSAF students undertake assignments that enhance their intellectual competence, enrich their academic program, or hone their technical skills.
- An MSAF student is not on an hourly payroll. Awards will depend on the approximate number of hours the unit expects the student to work each week, ranging from 2-3 hours a week ($550 per semester, $1,100 per academic year) to 4-6 hours per week ($1,100 per semester or $2,200 per academic year).
- Projects that qualify should involve greater complexity than typical work-study assignments.
- MSAF students are to undertake assignments that enhance their intellectual competence, enrich their academic program, or hone their technical skills.
- Stipends will be available for proposals submitted from all units of the campus, with projects providing the greatest opportunity for student enrichment being given priority.
- A faculty or staff member completes the MSAF Application Form.
- The Dean’s Office notifies the applicant and the student of the decision via campus email.
- Will the MSAF fellowship provide an assignment that enhances the student's intellectual competence, enrich their academic program, or hone their technical skills?
- Does the project involve greater complexity than typical work-study assignments?
- Applications from all units of the campus or from regional agencies, such as WCROC are allowed.
- Depending on funding constraints, projects with students named may be funded first.
|Stipend per semester
|Hours per week
Note: Stipends are paid at the beginning of each semester, directly to a student's financial aid account.