At the heart of the UMM campus is a 42-acre historic district listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The district encompasses the former West Central School of Agriculture (WCSA) and Experiment Station, a boarding high school and research facility that opened here in 1910. The WCSA campus was planned by landscape architects Morell and Nichols of Minneapolis. Most of the buildings were designed by a prominent Minnesota architect, Clarence H. Johnston, Sr.
For more information on the historic district’s nomination for the National Register, visit these links: