More than 75% of majors at UMN Morris include a sustainability-related course.
Sustainability is an important part of our academic offerings. More than 75% of majors at UMN Morris include a sustainability-related course. We also offer the following opportunities.
- There are two majors devoted to the environment, Environmental Science and Environmental Studies, which cover policy, economics, and cultural issues.
- UMN Morris recently added the Sustainability Leadership minor, a program that helps students from any major develop the skills they need to grow as sustainability leaders in their personal and professional lives.
- We build climate and carbon literacy into many of our courses and co-curricular activities. Environmental policy issues are addressed in courses across varied disciplines. We also make ample use of renewable energy resources on campus.
- Students perform internships with outreach organizations like the Center for Small Towns to assist with community-based sustainability initiatives.
- The Green Energy tour plays a role in several courses, introducing students to scientific and policy issues.
- Students take advantage of our renewable energy projects on campus, learning more about their operations and conducting independent research.