Morris is proud to work with many local, regional, and national partners across a variety of issues that mutually impact our communities.
Community engagement and outreach
Morris works with American Indian communities to find improved energy options.
The Morris campus is home to Center for Small Towns, where students are working on a variety of sustainability projects. For example, students engage with local groups like Stevens Forward! to help them reach carbon neutrality.
Students also engage with the Office of Community Engagement on sustainability projects in the community and on campus.
Sustainability tours give local residents and visitors the chance to learn more about the details of sustainability, share some ideas, and discuss implementing sustainability initiatives where they live and work.
Office of Community Engagement works with community groups to connect students to volunteerism opportunities and coursework in sustainability. Office of Community Engagement also works on campus and community to catalyze sustainability-related conversations.
Working with other organizations to achieve common goals, sharing knowledge, and putting our resources to work to assist others are important parts of our duty to our communities and stakeholders.
The Center for Small Towns connects students with community projects that match their interests and talent.
Morris also is pleased to partner with a growing list of local, state, and national organizations dedicated to sustainability:
- The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
- Agriculture Utilization Research Institute
- Association for Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- City of Morris
- Clean Energy Resource Teams
- Chippewa Valley Ethanol Company
- Diversified Energy LLC
- Environmental Protection Agency Green Power Partners
- Great River Energy
- Initiative for Renewable Energy and the Environment
- Legislative Commission on Minnesota Resources
- Minnesota Corn Growers
- Minnesota Corn Research and Promotion Council
- Minnesota Department of Commerce Energy Office
- Minnesota Soybean Growers
- Minnesota Soybean Research and Promotion Council
- Minnesota Renewable Energy Marketplace
- National Renewable Energy Lab
- Norsk Hydro
- Office of Environmental Assistance
- Otter Tail Power Company
- Pride of the Prairie Local Foods Initiative
- Runestone Electric Association
- South Dakota State University
- Southwest Initiative Foundation
- Stevens County Economic Improvement Commission
- Upper Midwest Association for Campus Sustainability (UMACS)
- Upper Midwest Hydrogen Initiative
- United States Department of Agriculture–Agricultural Research Service
- University of Minnesota West Central Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- University of Minnesota West Central Research and Outreach Center
- University of North Dakota Energy and Environmental Research Center
- West Central Regional Sustainable Development
- Xcel Energy