Our Sustainability Partners
UMN Morris is proud to work with many local, regional, and national partners across a variety of sustainability issues.
The Office of Community Engagement coordinates campus volunteers and community members in mutual efforts to meet regional needs. Activities include fundraising bike sales, days of service, and community meals featuring locally-sourced foods.
The Center for Small Towns connects students with rural communities to work on locally identified challenges that will create a brighter future for Minnesota’s small towns.
The Morris Model is a community partnership committed to energy conservation, clean energy options, and long-term community resilience.
The Green Prairie Alliance is a research partnership between UMN Morris, the UMN West Central Research and Outreach Center (WCROC), and the USDA Soil Conservation Research Center.
The Morris campus is also pleased to partner with a growing list of local, state, and national organizations dedicated to sustainability:
- The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
- Agriculture Utilization Research Institute
- Association for Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- City of Morris
- Clean Energy Resource Teams
- Chippewa Valley Ethanol Company
- Diversified Energy LLC
- Environmental Protection Agency Green Power Partners
- Great River Energy
- Initiative for Renewable Energy and the Environment
- Legislative Commission on Minnesota Resources
- Minnesota Corn Growers
- Minnesota Corn Research and Promotion Council
- Minnesota Department of Commerce Energy Office
- Minnesota Soybean Growers
- Minnesota Soybean Research and Promotion Council
- Minnesota Renewable Energy Marketplace
- National Renewable Energy Lab
- Norsk Hydro
- Office of Environmental Assistance
- Otter Tail Power Company
- Pride of the Prairie Local Foods Initiative
- Runestone Electric Association
- South Dakota State University
- Southwest Initiative Foundation
- Stevens County Economic Improvement Commission
- Upper Midwest Association for Campus Sustainability (UMACS)
- Upper Midwest Hydrogen Initiative
- United States Department of Agriculture–Agricultural Research Service
- University of Minnesota West Central Regional Sustainable Development Partnership
- University of Minnesota West Central Research and Outreach Center
- University of North Dakota Energy and Environmental Research Center
- West Central Regional Sustainable Development
- Xcel Energy