COVID-19 at UMN Morris
Updated 3/27/20, 2:25 p.m.
The University of Minnesota is closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and aligning our actions with all recommended guidelines. For the most up to date information from the University of Minnesota System, visit the systemwide Safe Campus website.
|Overall Campus Operations||Campus is under extended reduced operations. Most facilities are closed to the public. Library services are available online|
|Classes||Effective March 23, in-person instruction is moving to alternative instruction for the remainder of the semester.|
|Study Abroad||As of March 15, all study and education abroad programs have been canceled. Review the Global Programs and Strategy Alliance website for more information.|
|Faculty and Staff Travel||
All University sponsored, non-essential travel, both domestic and international, is cancelled through May 31.
|Health Services||Health Service will not see walk-ins at this time. Please call 320-589-6070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with a staff member. Student Counseling has transitioned to tele-mental health counseling sessions.|
|Athletics||Cougar athletics games, practices, and travel are suspended immediately and indefinitely.|
Events are cancelled through the end of the semester.
|Housing||Open for students who need housing, as students are encouraged to stay home. Students can return to campus to pack up their belongings and check out between Sunday, March 22, and Saturday, March 28, by appointment only. If you are unable or choose not to travel to campus to pick up your belongings, please contact email@example.com.|
Dining services will be providing take-out style food from the Dining Hall. Visit morris.sodexomyway.com for more information on hours and availability.
|Transportation||Morris Transit will not be making our hourly stops on campus until classes resume in person. Call 320-589-1000 for pick up.|
Information and Resources for Students, Faculty, and Staff
- For the remainder of the semester, classes will continue through alternative instruction.
- Please do not return to campus if you have a safe alternative.
- If you remain on campus, expect very limited services and consolidated housing.
- If you are a student who will have moved out of your residence hall/apartment by April 1, you are eligible to receive a flat credit of $1,000 for the remainder of the semester for your housing/dining fees. It doesn’t matter if your possessions remain in your room or not. This credit will be applied to your student account. If there are any unpaid charges on a student’s account, the credit will be applied first to those charges.
- Students must continue to apply for graduation in the normal manner.
- If you meet the requirements for graduation, you will graduate and receive a degree in the U.S. Mail.
- Academic Success
- Health Service
- International Student Program
- Morris Healthy Eating
- Morris Let's Thrive
- Student Affairs
- Student Counseling
- Study Abroad
- UMN Safe Campus Site
Faculty and Staff
- All employees will work from home no later than Wednesday, March 18. This is not optional.
- ONLY employees whose work requires them to be physically present will be notified by their supervisors to report to campus.
- Keep Teaching
- IT: Working and Learning Off Campus
- Provost’s Academic Planning FAQ
- UMN Laboratories: Preparing for the Impact of COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2
- UMN Safe Campus Site
Morris Campus COVID-19 Announcement Archive
- Message to Morris students: March 27, 2020
- Message to Morris students: March 24, 2020
- Message to Morris students: March 20, 2020
- Message to Morris faculty and staff: March 20, 2020 | 2
- Message to Morris students: March 19, 2020
- Message to Morris alumni and friends: March 19, 2020
- Message to Morris faculty and staff: March 12, 2020
- Message to Morris students: March 12, 2020
- Message to Morris students, faculty and staff: March 11, 2020
- Message to Morris students, faculty and staff: March 5, 2020
For systemwide communications, visit the Safe Campus page.
UMN System FAQs
What do I do about all of my belongings left in the residence halls?
Students can return to campus to pack up their belongings and check out between Sunday, March 22, and Saturday, March 28.
To provide social distancing we will minimize the number of people on campus and in the residence halls at any one time. You must sign up for a time slot for your check out. Time slots will be available daily during the check-out period. Please limit the number of people assisting you to two additional people at most and practice good social distancing while on campus.
Express checkout forms and checkout instructions will be taped to your door. Staff will be available in the main hall of each residence hall to answer questions. To sign up for a checkout time, please fill out one of the following forms:
- Green Prairie
- Blakely Hall
- Pine Hall
- Clayton A. Gay Hall
- Spooner Hall
- David C. Johnson Independence Hall
If you have already moved out or have further questions, please contact ORL.
If you are out of state or unable to travel to campus to pick up your belongings, please email ORL and we will work with you to develop a plan.