COVID-19 at UMN Morris
Updated 6/5/2020 4:25 p.m.
The University of Minnesota is closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and aligning our actions with all recommended guidelines. For the most up to date information from the University of Minnesota System, visit the systemwide Safe Campus website.
|Overall Campus Operations||Campus is under extended reduced operations. Most facilities are closed to the public. Library services are available online|
|Classes||All May and summer 2020 courses will be delivered remotely.|
|Study Abroad||As of March 15, all study and education abroad programs have been canceled. Review the Global Programs and Strategy Alliance website for more information.|
|Faculty and Staff Travel||
All University sponsored, non-essential travel, both domestic and international, is cancelled through June 30.
|Health Services||Health Service will not see walk-ins at this time. Please call 320-589-6070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with a staff member. Student Counseling has transitioned to tele-mental health counseling sessions.|
|Athletics||Cougar athletics games, practices, and travel are suspended immediately and indefinitely.|
In-person events are cancelled through the end of the semester. Remote events are listed on the campus events calendar.
All non-curricular events for May and June are cancelled (unless they can be offered remotely). This includes programs set to begin during the last week of June and continue into July.
|Housing||Open for students who need housing, as students are encouraged to stay home. Please contact email@example.com if you have not yet picked up your belongings.|
Dining services will not be provided over the summer.
|Transportation||Morris Transit will not be making our hourly stops on campus until classes resume in person. Call 320-589-1000 for pick up.|
Information and Resources for Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Summer classes are available online as planned.
- Please do not return to campus if you have a safe alternative.
- If you remain on campus, expect very limited services and consolidated housing.
- The University has created the Comprehensive Student Fee Refund Plan. This systemwide program considers an extensive list of specific student expenses and fees, and outlines appropriate financial credit for these items in light of changes to University operations in response to the public health challenges of COVID-19. Learn more
- Students must continue to apply for graduation in the normal manner.
- If you meet the requirements for graduation, you will graduate and receive a degree in the U.S. Mail.
The Federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, has allocated funds to UMN Morris to assist students whose education and lives have been disrupted by COVID-19. You are eligible for CARES Act funding if you are eligible to receive federal financial aid and have (or can submit) a completed 2019-2020 FAFSA. In addition, you must have been enrolled as a degree-seeking student at the University of Minnesota Morris in spring 2020 and have been enrolled in at least one in-person class as of March 13, 2020 (just before Spring Break), even if you graduated in May. Learn more and apply
- Academic Success
- Health Service
- International Student Program
- Morris Healthy Eating
- Morris Let's Thrive
- Student Affairs
- Student Counseling
- Study Abroad
- UMN Safe Campus Site
- UMN Morris General Student Concern Report Form
Faculty and Staff
- All employees will work from home no later than Wednesday, March 18. This is not optional.
- ONLY employees whose work requires them to be physically present will be notified by their supervisors to report to campus.
- Review the University of Minnesota Sunrise Plan and related FAQs to learn how the University will safely and gradually return to our workplaces.
- Keep Teaching
- IT: Working and Learning Off Campus
- Provost’s Academic Planning FAQ
- UMN Laboratories: Preparing for the Impact of COVID-19/SARS-CoV-2
- UMN Safe Campus Site
Morris Campus COVID-19 Announcement Archive
- Message to Morris students, faculty, and staff: June 5, 2020
- Message to Morris students: June 2, 2020
- Message to Morris students, faculty, and staff: May 15, 2020
- Message to Morris students, faculty, and staff: May 8, 2020
- Message to Morris students, faculty, and staff: May 1, 2020
- Message to Morris students: April 29, 2020
- Message to Morris students, faculty, and staff: April 24, 2020
- Message to Morris students, faculty, and staff: April 17, 2020
- Message to Morris faculty and staff: April 15, 2020
- Message to Morris families: April 14, 2020
- Message to Morris students, faculty, and staff: April 10, 2020
- Message to Morris students: April 7, 2020
- Message to Morris faculty and staff: April 7, 2020
- Message to Morris faculty and staff: April 6, 2020
- Message to Morris families: April 3, 2020
- Message to Morris students: March 27, 2020
- Message to Morris students: March 24, 2020
- Message to Morris students: March 20, 2020
- Message to Morris faculty and staff: March 20, 2020 | 2
- Message to Morris students: March 19, 2020
- Message to Morris alumni and friends: March 19, 2020
- Message to Morris faculty and staff: March 12, 2020
- Message to Morris students: March 12, 2020
- Message to Morris students, faculty and staff: March 11, 2020
- Message to Morris students, faculty and staff: March 5, 2020
For systemwide communications, visit the Safe Campus page.