What are the requirements for admission?
If your native language or language of instruction is not English, you must show demonstrated English proficiency by achieving scores of a:
- 79 TOEFL (IBT), 213 (CBT), 550 (PBT), or;
- 5.5 overall IELTS, or;
- 53 PTE Academic or PTE Academic Online, or;
- 105 Duolingo
If your native language or language of instruction is English, you are required to take the SAT or ACT examination and achieve a minimum score of:
530 critical reading section SAT score
Review how we evaluate applications for additional requirements.
Can I receive credit for previous work at a university or college?
Yes. You will have to submit additional information with your application. Take a look at credit for previous work for details.
How much does it cost to attend Morris as an international student?
Morris is an outstanding value. International students are charged our low non-resident tuition rate. Students who are not residents of the United States are required to certify their ability to pay through our Financial Certification Form.
Are there any scholarships or is financial aid available?
The University of Minnesota, Morris does not offer any scholarships to first- or second-year international students, but does offer a need-based academic scholarship to students who are beginning their third year at Morris. The scholarship is based on financial need and academic merit.
What can I do if I haven’t achieved the required English proficiency scores?
Explore an ESL program to improve your English proficiency. One option is the Minnesota English Language Program.
How and when do I receive the I-20?
You will receive the I-20 after you have been offered admission to Morris and only after you have completed the International Student Enrollment Confirmation form. This form will be emailed to you once you have been offered admission to UMM. The International Student Program will issue the I-20 to you.
What is life at Morris like for an international student?
University of Minnesota, Morris is known for its engaged staff and student body and rich campus life. Find out more about what Morris is like for international students
What majors and programs are offered at Morris?
How do I obtain a U.S. visa?
How and when do I register for classes?
You will register for classes during International Student Orientation after you have arrived on the Morris campus. You will not be able to register for classes until you have arrived on campus.
Is there public transportation that I can take to get around off campus?
Morris students have access to a local bus service as well as buses to St. Cloud, Maple Grove, and Minneapolis/St. Paul.
What is the TOEFL code for Morris?
The TOEFL code for Morris is 6890.
Are employment opportunities available for international students?
Yes. International students studying at Morris are eligible for institutional student employment jobs. Review the complete list.
What should I do after I am admitted to Morris?
- Fill out the International Student Confirmation Form. You MUST fill out this form in order to receive the I-20. After the form is complete, the I-20 and official offer of admission will be mailed to the address you provide on the International Student Confirmation Form.
- After you have received the I-20 and admission letter in the mail, you should begin the visa application process.
- After you have been granted the visa, you should confirm the date you need to be on campus for an International Student Orientation.
- After you have been granted the student visa and confirmed the date you need to be on campus, you should purchase your airfare. You will need to arrive at the Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) airport by the date and time announced by the International Student Program.