Historically, many Spanish students also have expressed interest in the Health Sciences and pursued either coursework or double majors in Pre-medicine, Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry. Both the Spanish Discipline and the various Science disciplines and programs understand that our fields of study are natural complements to one another and that deep linguistic and intercultural knowledge on the part of health professionals can contribute to improved care in the increasingly diverse communities in which we live. Because both language and science programs are, of necessity, highly sequenced, we have created the following sample plans in order to guide students through their time at Morris.
- Students are strongly advised to consult with faculty and have an advisor in both Spanish and the Sciences.
- The plans assume that students place into the 2000 or 3000 level of Spanish at the beginning of their freshman year. Students beginning Spanish at the 1000 level should contact the Spanish Discipline as soon as possible in order to map out a personal plan.
- Significant credit towards the Spanish program may be earned through study abroad. Study abroad programs in Spain and Latin America are available in Fall, Spring, and Summer terms. Please contact both the Spanish Discipline and the ACE Office for details, in addition to discussing your plans with yo ur adviser in the Sciences.
- For more information about the Spanish program, please consult with the Spanish faculty.
- For more information about pre-health programs, please consult with Prof. Rachel Johnson.