Explore the Morris Area
You may be surprised by all the things to see and do in the Morris area:
- Art and historical exhibits
- Cross-country skiing
- Dining out
- Disc golf
- Garden viewing
- Musical entertainment
- Sipping coffee
- Working out
…and the list goes on and on.
The Morris Area Chamber of Commerce provides a great starting point for planning activities in the Morris area. Here are a just few suggestions:
- Take a walk through the beautiful West Central Research and Outreach Center gardens.
- Check out movies (for free!) at the Morris Public Library.
- Hike or take pictures at the Morris Wetland Management District trails.
- Learn about regional history at the Stevens County Historical Society.
- Play disc golf at the Pomme de Terre Park, thanks to the Class of 2008.
- Stop by the nonprofit Common Cup Coffeehouse, which distributes earnings to local, national, and international charities.
- Swim, work out, walk, play racquetball, volleyball, or basketball, join in on an aerobics class, or rent outdoor equipment like canoes and kayaks at the Regional Fitness Center, a shared campus/community facility.
- Visit a co-op:
Check out the Morris Area Events calendar for seasonal events like Prairie Pioneer Days and Stevens County Fair.