UMN Morris is on the Open Pathway for maintaining accreditation with HLC, which follows a 10-year review cycle.
The Open Pathway process is focused on quality assurance and institutional improvement, which includes the Quality Initiative. This initiative allows UMN Morris to pursue improvement projects that are targeted toward our needs and aspirations.
The 10-year review cycle includes four types of institutional reviews:
- An annual Institutional Update, which is reviewed by HLC to:
- monitor institutional health,
- ensure compliance with certain federal requirements
- identify any changes that may require HLC follow-up
- An Assurance Review in Year 4 of the cycle documents that the institution continues to meet the HLC Criteria for Accreditation. A peer review team evaluates the materials and makes the appropriate recommendation to the HLC Institutional Actions Council for further review and potential action.
The Quality Initiative project is designed and completed in Years 5-9 of the cycle. A peer review team evaluates the proposal and the outcomes report for this process.
Year 10 of the cycle marks the Comprehensive Evaluation process in which the institution completes the “Assurance Argument.” This report, which is also evaluated by a peer review team, is completed to ensure that the Criteria for Accreditation are met. This report also requires documentation to ensure the institution is complying with U.S. Department of Education requirements. This review involves a site visit by the peer review team, which will occur at UMN Morris in October 2019.
2019 Comprehensive Review
HLC Team Visit: Monday, October 28–Tuesday, October 29, 2019
The UMN Morris community is encouraged to learn more about the criteria used to verify our eligibility for continued accreditation. In addition to reviewing the final Assurance Argument, please also consider participating in the following ways:
Read about how we've addressed each of the five HLC criteria in our weekly newsletters!
- September 18, 2019: HLC Weekly Newsletter #1
- September 25, 2019: HLC Weekly Newsletter #2
- October 2, 2019: HLC Weekly Newsletter #3
- October 9, 2019: HLC Weekly Newsletter #4
- October 16, 2019: HLC Weekly Newsletter #5
- October 23, 2019: HLC Weekly Newsletter #6
Attend one of our open sessions to review our final Assurance Argument during the month of October:
- Thursday, October 10, 2019: Understanding the Assurance Argument, 3:30–4:30 p.m., Moccasin Flower, Student Center
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019: Understanding the Assurance Argument, 2–3 p.m., Moccasin Flower, Student Center
- Wednesday, October 23, 2019: Understanding the Assurance Argument, 11 a.m.–12 p.m., Moccasin Flower, Student Center